Gift Card Inclusions & Exclusions
Transactions made using the Gift Card
Your Gift Card, your responsibility
Privacy and confidentiality
Errors and complaints
"Access PIN" means the 4-digit Access PIN printed on the back of the Gift Card;
"Card Number" means the 17-digit number that appears on the back of your Gift Card;
"Coles Group" means Coles Group Limited ABN 11 004 089 936 of 800 Toorak Road, Tooronga, Victoria 3146;
"Myer" means Myer Pty Ltd ABN 83 004 143 239 of 800 Collins Street, Docklands, Victoria 3008;
"Gift Card" means the Gift Card that you have purchased or received, such as one of the following: Coles Group & Myer Gift Card, Myer Gift Card, Target Gift Card, Kmart Gift Card, Officeworks Gift Card, Coles Gift Card, Coles Returns Gift Card, Vintage Cellars Gift Card, Liquorland Gift Card and 1st Choice Liquor Superstore Gift Card;
A reference to "we" or "us" is a reference to Coles Group Limited;
We recommend that you read this document carefully before using the Gift Card. If you have any questions or would like more information about your Gift Card, please call 1300 304 990 or see in-store.
By purchasing, redeeming or attempting to redeem a Gift Card, you:
- Coles Group & Myer Gift Card redeemable at Myer, Target including www.target.com.au, Baby Target, Target Country, Kmart, Kmart Tyre & Auto, Coles supermarkets,Coles Express, Coles Central, Liquorland, Vintage Cellars, 1st Choice Liquor Superstore and Officeworks.
- Coles Gift Card redeemable at Coles supermarkets and Coles Central.
- Coles Returns Card redeemable at Coles supermarkets and Coles Central.
- Coles Express Gift Card redeemable at Coles Express service stations.
- 1st Choice Liquor Superstore redeemable at 1st Choice Liquor Superstore, Liquorland and Vintage Cellars
- Kmart Gift Card redeemable at Kmart stores and Kmart Tyre & Auto.
- Liquorland Gift Card redeemable at Liquorland stores.
- Officeworks Gift Card redeemable at Officeworks retail stores.
- Target Gift Card redeemable at Target, Target Country, Baby Target stores and online at www.target.com.au
- Vintage Cellars Gift Card redeemable at Vintage Cellars stores.
General exclusions (all Gift Cards)
- Online purchases including; Coles Online, Liquorland Direct, Kmart, Snapfish, Pharmacy Direct, Myer Hampers and gifts online and Officeworks Business Direct
- Harris Technology
- Kmart New Zealand, and PixieFoto at Kmart
- Purchases initiated by phone, email, post or fax
- Bill payments, including Service ATM, DEFT, credit card accounts, store accounts and Rentsmart
- Hotels owned by Coles Group companies
- Sub-lets and licensees, including Asko, Cavallo Nero, Crumpler, Gloria Jean’s Coffees, Hudsons Coffee, Laubman & Pank, Miele, Nespresso, PixiFoto, Portrait Place, Santa’s Photo Factory and Zumay Salon.
- Gift cards cannot be used to purchase gift cards.
Card specific exclusions
- Coles Gift Card: Coles Gift Card is not accepted at Coles Express or Liquorland. Coles Gift Card cannot be used to purchase other gift cards.
- Coles Express Gift Card: Coles Express Gift Card is not accepted at Coles supermarkets or Coles Central.
- Kmart eGift card: Kmart eGift Card is not accepted at Kmart Tyre & Auto Service Stations and Kmart New Zealand.
- 1st Choice Liquor Superstore Gift Card, Liquorland Gift Card, Vintage Cellars Gift Card: These Gift Cards are not accepted for purchases of liquor from Coles supermarkets.
How and where you can use the Gift Card
You acknowledge that the Gift Card may not be used:
- to pay a store or credit account (e.g. a Coles Group Card or a Coles Group Source MasterCard account);
- to purchase goods or services that a retailer is not permitted to supply to you (for example, a retailer cannot by law sell alcohol to you if you are under 18 years of age);
- to make purchases from certain sub-lets or licensees operating within a retailer’s premises. A current list of these sub-lets and licensees is available by calling 1300 304 990; and
- for purchases over the Internet (excluding Target or Coles Group & Myer gift cards for use on www.target.com.au) or by email, phone or fax.
How to load the Gift Card at stores (for Gift Cards purchased in-store)
Present the card to the point of sale operator. Check that the card has not been removed from the cardboard carrier and the scratch panel on the back of the card has not been tampered with or removed. If it has been tampered with or removed, give the card to the operator to be destroyed and select a new one. Nominate the value you wish to be loaded on the card. A minimum of $5.00 and a maximum of $250.00 can be loaded on each card. Pay for your Gift Card and the transaction will be completed when the card is activated through our point of sale system. Gift Cards cannot be purchased by using a Gift Card, a temporary Myer Card, a Temporary Myer Visa Card or Cheque. Gift Cards cannot be reloaded.
Note: there may be a delay with the Gift Card activating in the system once loaded. During this delay, the Gift Card cannot be used for purchases or transaction enquiries.
Gift Cards that are purchased directly from Coles Group & Myer Corporate Services are pre-loaded and activated in bulk in accordance with our Gift Card Ordering Terms (see www.giftcards.com.au/corporate).
Purchases with your Gift Card
Select goods in your participating store with a Gift Card and take them to the point of sale operator. The operator will instruct you to swipe your card in the pin pad, and then enter the Access PIN into the pin pad. The transaction will be completed when the balance has reduced on your Gift Card. No change will be given: any remaining balance on the card can only be used in whole or part against future purchases.
You agree that we can reduce the Remaining Card Value by the value of all purchases of goods and services that are authorised by you.
Transactions are authorised by you by:
- swiping your Gift Card and entering your Access PIN, or allowing an operator or other person to do so, at an electronic point of sale terminal at a participating retailer; or
- giving a participating retailer details of the Gift Card and authorising the transaction in some other way approved by that retailer. When you authorise a transaction:
- you are confirming that the transaction correctly represents the purchase price of the goods or services obtained; and
- you are agreeing to pay the amount of that transaction by the reduction of the Remaining Card Value.
Purchases exceeding the Gift Card value
Your Gift Card may only be used to make purchases up to the Remaining Card Value. If you wish to make a purchase for an amount that exceeds the Remaining Card Value, you must pay the excess using another payment method.
No cash advances
You cannot obtain any cash advance with your Gift Card or redeem your Gift Card for cash.
Validity and expiry of Gift Cards
Your Gift Card will be valid for use for two years from the date of issue. Any balance that remains on a Gift Card will not be available for use after the card’s expiry date. To check the expiry date of your Gift Card, visit Check Your Expiry Date, or call 1300 304 990 or visit in-store at the service desk.
Validity and expiry of the Coles Returns Card
Your Coles Returns Card will be valid for 3 months from the date of issue. This card cannot be used for the purchase of alcohol, tobacco, phone cards or other Gift Cards. Any balance on a Coles Returns Card which is not redeemed within the three months may not be redeemed after the card’s expiry date. To check the expiry date of your Gift Card, visit Check Your Expiry Date, or call 1300 304 990 or visit in-store at the service desk.
Re-issue of faulty or damaged Gift Cards
Re-issue of faulty or damaged Gift Cards is not available unless the Gift Cards are proven to be faulty or damaged as a result of the production process or otherwise due to the fault of Coles Group, its agents or contractors or a participating retailer.
Destruction of Gift Card with no value
Once the Remaining Card Value is completely used, destroy your card by cutting it in half diagonally. Your Gift Card cannot be reloaded.
Lost or stolen Gift Cards
Treat your Gift Card like cash. Lost or stolen cards will not be replaced or refunded.
Checking your Gift Card balance and transaction history
You can check your card balance, expiry date and transaction history at any time by visiting Check Your Balance, or by calling 1300 304 990 or visiting in-store at the service desk. For balance enquiries by phone or online, you will be required to enter both the Card Number and Access PIN on your Gift Card prior to getting access to the card information.
Can I collect flybuys points when I purchase or use a Gift Card?
When you purchase a Gift Card, you will not collect flybuys points. However, flybuys points (and any applicable bonus points) can be collected on redemption of your Gift Card at participating retailers.
Can I exchange my Gift Card?
You cannot exchange your Gift Card for a different brand, denomination or type of Gift Card or for another tender, cash or discount.
Can I cancel my Gift Card?
No, you cannot cancel your Gift Card.
Exchanging items purchased with a Gift Card.
Goods that are purchased solely, or in part with a Gift Card may be exchanged or returned subject to the exchange and returns policy of each participating retailer.
Some participating retailers' exchange and returns policy may include the right to issue a Returns Card such as the Coles Returns Gift Card instead of other tender, cash, Gift Cards or discount.
You are responsible for the use and safety of your Gift Card. You are liable for all transactions on your Gift Card, except to the extent to which there has been fraud or negligence by us or by any of our employees.
- To add or remove participating retailers and/or where the Gift Card may be redeemed;
- To add or remove goods or services which may be purchased with the Gift Card;
- For infrastructural, systems, administrative or operational reasons or to prevent the occurrence of fraud or other unlawful or unacceptable conduct;
- To comply with any contract, law, regulation or statute or order or judgment of any court, tribunal or other body having competent jurisdiction; or
- Where we, acting reasonably, consider that it will not be to your detriment.
Our Privacy and Security Notice explains how we handle the personal information that we may collect from you with respect to Gift Cards. If you do not have a copy and are unable to access the notice online (at www.giftcards.com.au), please call 1300 304 990 for a copy.
If you have reason to believe that an error has occurred in relation to your Gift Card, you should call 1300 304 990.
Goods or services
Any complaints about goods or services purchased with a Gift Card must be resolved directly with the store concerned.